Adoptions are not handled on a first-come, first serve basis. Our priority is finding the best fit between adoptive families and the animals.
- Take the time needed for the proper care and training of your new pet.
- Properly feed and maintain the health of your new pet, including regular vaccinations and medical treatment when necessary.
- Care for your new pet for its ENTIRE lifetime, making sure that your commitment will be steady through any changes in your lifestyle or circumstances.
- Return your animal to RCHS if it becomes impossible for you to meet the obligations above.
- Check the references you provide on your application.
- If a landlord is involved, we will verify that they will allow your new pet on their property.