Improving the lives of companion animals through adoption, education, and support.
RCHS envisions a day when companion animals are no longer being neglected or abused; when each enjoys love, care, and safety with a human family; when pet owners are proud to say their animals are spayed or neutered; when dogs are not chained outside all day; when cats in feral colonies have been spayed or neutered and live out their lives under community care; when no healthy or treatable shelter dog or cat is lead from its cage to die, only to make room for another. We work for the day when our efforts are no longer needed.
- Actively engage in Spay/Neuter Promotion and Assistance
- Participate in Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) of feral cats
- Support legislation to address the overpopulation of companion animals
- Accept pets into our foster and adoption program from owners unable to provide for their care, whatever the reason
- Provide homeless pets with second chances at happy lives in well-matched homes
- Promote the benefits of animal companionship and adoption at community events
- Provide loving foster homes for special needs and hard to place pets
- Offer therapy animal companionship to seniors and others unable to have animals of their own
- Offer low cost micro-chip clinics to ensure that lost pets return home safely
- Advance the humane treatment of all animals (companion, service, lab, farm, and wildlife) through community education and legislative action
- Assist with local animal cruelty and welfare investigations
- Encourage community involvement in the Riley County Humane Society mission through a robust volunteer program
- Engage the philanthropic ideals of our community by reaching out to individuals and businesses for membership and sponsorship commitments
- Work with the community to raise the funds and employ the talent necessary to carry out all aspects of the Riley County Humane Society mission.
While one paw may at times carry a bit more weight than others, all four must be firmly planted in order to provide the balance and forward momentum vital to the performance of our mission.