Surrendering a Pet

If you have a cat, dog, or exotic animal (typically rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.) who needs a new home and you are able to keep your pet until a new home is found, we may be able to help.

Please understand that the Riley County Humane Society does not have a shelter and we have only a limited amount of foster homes.   However, if you can keep your pet until a new home is found we will need you to do the following....

  • Complete a Cat Profile or Dog Profile for each pet being surrendered
  • If at all possible, please provide us with a picture of your pet
  • Bring your pet up to date on vetting

If your pet is accepted, we would greatly appreciate a donation, if you are able.  RCHS does not receive any government funding and so donations from the public are a vital way of making sure that we have enough funds.  

*Please note that we are not licensed to take strays since we do not have a facility.  Please contact the city shelter (T. Russell Reitz) at 785-587-2783 regarding strays.